Friday, September 24, 2010

Guest Author Angelique Armae

I am pleased to welcome guest author Angelique Armae to The Angel's Gate.


1. What inspired you to begin writing?




I've always loved writing. I think being an avid reader as a kid made me want to write as much as I read! There's something magical about creating characters, a world for them to live, and a journey for them to take. I like the creative process, watching how a single idea can turn into a full-length novel with characters you come to love by the end of the book. I can't imagine not writing. It's part of me.







2. What was the inspiration behind the characters in your most recent release Shadows of the Soul?



My most recent release is Shadows of the Soul, a paranormal romance involving a fallen angel and a demon hunter. Angels fascinate me. I've studied angelology for several years, but have had an interest in them most of my life. Making my hero--Nicolai Valentine--a fallen angel (he's a grigori prince, heir to a principality in Hell) gave me the opportunity to create a tortured, sexy hero. Not that I don't like stories about good, white-winged angels, but I tend to write darker and needed to give my hero a darker background. My heroine--Isabel Godfroie Heart--is an immortal human trained in angelic warfare. She's one tough cookie, yet vulnerable when it comes to love. The two are a perfect match!







3. Which character did you have the most fun writing in this story?



My heroine - Isabel. She's been through a lot and watching her fight her personal demons while trying to save several souls, endeared her to me.







4. What originally drew you to the paranormal/ dark fantasy genre?



You mean there are other genres out there? Just kidding! As a kid I loved sitting on the stoop with my cousin and listening to her tell me ghost stories. So I think I've always been intrigued with the paranormal/supernatural. Plus, it's in my blood. My grandmother was a psychic and her father loved the ancient mysteries and stories about Nostradamus. There's so much a writer can create when stepping into the paranormal/fantasy world.







5. Do you have any favorite paranormal-themed films or TV shows?



As for current TV shows, I totally LOVE The Gates. I'm also a fan of the SyFy channel and am addicted to the UK series, Merlin. Yes, I'm a sucker for King Arthur stories. Anytime you can mix historical aspects (real or mythical) with the paranormal, you'll have me as a fan. As for film, one of my all time favorites is Practical Magic. And of course I was a huge fan of Bewitched and Mary Poppins as a kid.





6. What literary projects can we expect from you in the future?



I'm currently working on an historical vampire novella for my series at ImaJinn Books and the sequel to Shadows of the Soul.



Thanks for having me!



Visit Angelique online:
http://www.angeliquearmae.com

4 comments:

  1. This new author is wonderful!Of course I like Soul books. I'm going to share this on Face Book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments! I had a lot of fun writing this book. And thanks to for having me today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Have a nice day!